The amazingly gorgeous Laura Vandervoort looked even more gorgeous after Hollywood makeup artist Brett Freedman worked his magic on her Sunday night for the J. Mendel pre-Golden Globes party. Freedman agrees, "V's Laura Vandervoort is just painfully beautiful...I like to call her 'baby Charlize'. For the J. Mendel pre-Golden Globes event last night, Laura rocked a shimmery, sunny and glowy makeup look to match her flesh-colored dress. Here are all the juicy details and products behind her look!"
- BODY – Body glow: Summerskin by Vanitymark. Since Laura was wearing a dress in a pale shade I decided to give her subtle lift in color on her body. I applied this bronzing shimmer spray on all exposed skin from her jaw line and down. It has a slight shimmer to it so it gives skin that 'new car finish' we all love.
- FACE – Moisturizer: Dermalogica Oil-Free to prep the skin and give a supple, satiny feel. Foundation: Benefit Play Sticks Cream to Powder Foundation. I mixed two shades: Hop Scotch and Tea Party. I applied while the face was moist with moisturizer so once it dried it would have a touch more staying power. Concealer: Cle de Peau in Beige. I just used under her inner eye and around the nose and mouth to give her face a very flawless, shield-like look. Powder: DermaMinerals Buildable Coverage Pressed Mineral Powder in 2C. I matched her foundation with this powder to give skin a matte finish before applying bronzer. That way the bronzer doesn’t grab or splotch. Bronzer: Stila Sun Bronzing Powder in #2. I applied all over. I left her face a touch lighter than her body so she wouldn't look too muddy or painted.
- CHEEKS – Blush: MAC Melba applied with a very fluffy cheek brush in circular motion to buff out a soft, healthy glow. I opted for fleshy lips and cheeks with a little lift of apricot. Highlighter: Jemma Kidd Make Up School Dual Highlighter in Champagne. I used the cream part along top of cheekbones and brow bone. I wanted her skin to look dewy but only in certain spots. This highlighter duo is terrific for this!
- EYES – Eyeshadow: Revlon Illuminance cream shadow in Not Just Nudes. I like the soft shimmer and easy blend of these cream shadows. Eyeliner: Trish McEvoy black waterproof eyeliner. When sending an actress to an event it's best to use something that really holds up. This new liner by Trish is fantastic. Dark but really holds up. I winged out a touch to sex up Laura's eyes. Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous. Love this stuff, as you all know!
- BROWS – Brow: Vanitymark's Ultra-Brow pencil in Blondie. It has a slight warm, taupe-y vibe that is great to give Laura's amazing brows just the right subtle structure. I extended her tail a bit to give a little extra ‘old Hollywood’ glam. I added a touch of MAC's Goldmine shimmer powder shadow, wet, to her brow hairs to lighten. This allowed her lashes to be the darkest thing on her face.
- LIPS – Lip Liner: Arden Lipstick Lip Definer in Naturel . Fleshy and subtle. I wanted Laura to get the lift of color from her lip gloss. Gloss: Arden High Shine Lip Gloss in Golden Pearl. Pink with a touch of gold. Gold gloss alone looked a bit too low-fi for the red carpet, so the gloss/lip liner combo works best in this instance.