Pamela Braun, recipe developer and writer for the food and drink blog, MyMansBelly.com shares one of her beloved summer “cocktail” recipes, that really isn’t a cocktail at all…it’s a jelly shot! Definitely an adult only summer-time treat!
Mojito Jelly Shots
For Mint Simple Syrup:
* 1/2 Cup Water
* 1/2 Cup Sugar
* 3/8 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
For Jelly Shots:
* 2 Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin (I use Knox Original Knox Gelatin)
* 1 Tablespoon Finely Minced Mint
* 1/4 Cup Water
* 1/2 Cup Rose's Lime Juice
* 3/4 Cup White Rum (separated)
1. Pour 1/2 cup rum and Rose's lime juice in large bowl, then sprinkle with gelatin; let stand 1 minute.
2. Pour 1/4 cup rum and 1/4 cup water in a microwave safe cup and heat to boiling. Add hot water and rum, as well as 1/2 cup mint simple syrup to bowl with gelatin.
3. Stir until gelatin is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. (If gelatin is not dissolving after a couple of minutes, you can put it in the microwave for 30 seconds - do not boil).
4. Lightly oil an 8"x8"x2" pan with oil. Pour gelatin mixture into pan and refrigerate.
5. After 1 hour remove pan and sprinkle with chopped mint. Use a fork to drag across mint to mix well into gelatin. Put pan back into refrigerator. Chill for at least 4 hours.
6. Before serving, cut into squares.
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 10 Minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8