Brooke Burke was amazing in Herve Leger at Sunday’s Emmy Awards. Equally amazing, her faux bob created by stylist Jonathan Hanousek (she had to put her hair up to show off those jade Katerina Maxine earrings)! Below, Hanousek shares his steps to recreate Burke’s relaxed and romantic faux bob for yourself:
- To create volume and body and hold I applied Wen Pomegranate Nourishing Mousse to towel dried hair. I used my fingers to create a side part and scrunched waves into the hair. I blow dried the hair with medium heat using a diffuser touching the hair as little as possible while drying so that the waves stay silky and soft.
- Using a 1” curling iron I refined the curls on the surface and around the face. To maintain a natural texture I curled each piece of hair in the direction it had dried.
- Next, I applied a dime size amount of Wen Pomegranate Finishing Treatment Crème throughout the hair to give definition and separation to the curls.
- Afterwards, I loosely gathered the hair into a ponytail just above the shoulders twisting the pony up. I pinned the pony band at the nape with bobby pins and created an anchor for my twisted bun.
- Then I wrapped up the remaining ends and secured with more pins tucking one side loosely behind the ear. My tip is to always check in the mirror so everything is balanced.
- To complete the look, pin up any stray curls that seem out of place but don’t over think it. To ensure the hair stays in place for the long night ahead, I finished everything off with White Sands Stuck Up Mega Hold Hairspray.