The Golden Globes always draw a crowd, and this year, perhaps garnering just as much talk as the fashion and the awards themselves, was the return of the hosting duo of Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. Since the event isn’t the occasion for a bad-hair day, Fey called on celeb stylist Richard Marin of CloutierRemix to keep her properly primped throughout the evening. Using versatile styling products from René Furterer, Marin created three show-stopping looks. Inspired by the timeless glamour of the three Carolina Herrera’s gowns Fey donned during the festivities, the René Furterer products helped to, “make his night,” as he stated, “I had three looks to accomplish in one evening and on live TV. The layering of the products on Tina's hair worked beautifully and let me achieve the styles and textures I needed to create."
Look 1: Easy Glamour for the Red Carpet
- I began the look by applying René Furterer FIORAVANTI shine enhancing no rinse detangling spray from roots to ends on towel-dried hair. I then blow-dried the hair with the Remington T-Studio Silk Ceramic Dryer. This combo gave me ultimate shine and bounce for her hair.
- Next, I applied René Furterer LISSEA thermal protecting spray to prep hair for styling with the Remington T-Studio Silk Ceramic Multi-Style Wand to create relaxed waves.
- After pulling half of the hair off her face, I pinned it in place in the center at the back of her head.
- Finally, I used the René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY to set the hair naturally, but still give it movement. Tina was ready for the red carpet.
Look 2: Classic Bombshell
- To transition into Tina's second look, I first took the pins out from the back and misted René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing conditioning spray - no rinse throughout. I shook the hair while using the Remington T-Studio Silk Ceramic Dryer to loosen the waves.
- Next, I used the Remington T-Studio Silk Straightening Iron as a curling iron to bend the root of the hair with the edges of the plates. This created height and texture on the ends of her hair.
- To lock in the volume, I applied René Furterer NATURIA dry shampoo to the roots. I shook the hair for fullness, creating a final, sexy, bombshell look.
- For the final touch, I spritzed René Furterer GLOSSING SPRAY to ensure enhanced shine.
Look 3: The Show-Stopping Updo
- For Tina's third and final look, I started by working the René Furterer MODELING PASTE throughout the hair, giving it an easy, moveable texture.
- I then pulled the hair back into a French Twist, pinning two inch sections at a time so I could maintain an easy, loose, touchable feel. This created a modern, edgy take on a classic updo.
- I ran the Remington T-Studio Silk Ceramic Multi-Style Wand through the loose pieces along her neckline, creating a bend in the hair with a minimal curl, relaxing and softening the look.
- Finally, I dabbed René Furterer MODELING PASTE to the ends of the wisps to give them a bit of weight.