I have a love-hate relationship with May, 2014. In less than a week, we went from that famous Midwest humidity and over 90 degrees to just barely above freezing, causing the furnace to once again be turned on (I thought I was done with that?!?). Siiiiigh. At least I could count on my May Beauty Box 5 to brighten my day….literally, it was like the sunshine I needed on an otherwise cold, rainy day. Aptly entitled “Fresh and Focused,” I opened it up and immediately felt like primping.
You all are subscribed to Beauty Box 5, right? For just $12 a month (or as little as $8.25 depending on the length of time you subscribe for) a pretty blue box arrives once-a-month full of beauty products, always including full and deluxe sample sizes. Here’s what was included in the May Beauty Box 5:
- MaskerAide Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask (1 Mask, $5.99 retail): Honestly, I can’t wait to lay in a hot tub with this on my face. Paraben-free, vegan friendly and the packaging is oh-so-adorable.
- H2O Plus Aqualibrium Marine Cleansing Gel (Deluxe Sample, $2 or $18 for the full size): I wanted to use this because it has such a fresh light scent…but I’m hoarding it for an upcoming weekend trip. Made with sea salt and marine botanicals, the gel is also oil-free and serves as a gentle exfoliator.
- Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths (3 Full Size Samples, $3 or $2.97 for 10): So perfect for summer! Carry one in your bag or even clutch for those super-hot days when just walking down the block or to your car makes you sweat.
- Harvey Prince Hello Perfume (Deluxe Sample, $1 or $55 for 5.7 oz.): Despite my girly nature, I normally don’t care for floral sprays and perfumes. This however has just enough of a citrus note to give it a modern summer scent.
- CATTIVA Precisione Eye Liner (Full Size, $20 Retail): Perfect for whether you’re wanting just a slim line or something more obvious and sultry. The waterproof formula goes on ridiculously smooth and easily allows the wearer to build as deep of a black tone as wanted.
May Beauty Box 5 actual value: $31.99
Visit BeautyBox5.com for more info or to order (they also make fantastic gifts!).
**I’m so fortunate to be a Beauty Contributor for Beauty Box 5 and as such, did receive a complimentary May Beauty Box 5 to review. That said, I proudly stand behind my thoughts and opinions regarding this month’s Box.