Autumn is way too quickly starting to change into winter…days are shorter,trees are bare and many of us have seen our first snowflakes of the year. Sigh. I’m still getting over last year’s winter! Even though I don’t like the cold, I do look slipping into a nice cozy sweater. Who doesn’t? Those of you on a budget should LOVE this season, because dressing for sweater weather couldn’t be easier and in fact, doesn’t have to drain your wallet.
Use these tips to find yourself a new sweater without paying an arm and a leg:
- Be thrifty! Shop a thrift shop for sweaters – you can find some with the finest of threads – wool or cashmere for example, for practically nothing!
- For oversized sweaters especially, shop the boy’s or young men’s departments.
For skinny jeans:
- Try a pair of jeggings instead, the ones I’m wearing below are from Target.
- The Vera Wang leggings at Kohl’s are other great options – their weight keeps them lasting longer than most leggings. Even though you can find less expensive leggings, the Vera Wang options tend to last quite a bit longer making them a much better investment.
- Treat them right! I keep all of my shoes in their boxes. Yep, those boxes are treasures to me. Instead of throwing my shoes into a corner of the closet, I can stack them and keep them looking great for years and years (my boots below are 4 years old).
- If you’ve been out in the snow or rain, make sure to get the salt or mud off right away, but especially before storing.
- If you have to make that initial investment, check out places like Marshall’s. Did you see my Fall Flannel post? I saved nearly $60 for a pair of boots from this season. Yay!
Who else loves that clutch as much as I do??? I would love to talk to about hosting a Favery trunk show, which allows you to earn a $100 credit for Favery merchandise and get a super cute bracelet! Email me (Laura@24-7style.com) for more info!