I don’t really believe that the best products are necessarily the most expensive, and lets face it, all of us want to look remarkably fabulous even if our budget isn’t quite as equally fab. And just about anytime I’m in a Wal-Greens, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. I can’t help but peruse the beauty and/or home areas. Just in case I find something I love. Case in point, everything below:
What Made the List:
- NYC New York Color City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color in Nolita Neutral and Roosevelt Island Red, $2.77 at Wal-Mart. Undoubtedly a spin-off from Clinique’s Chubby Stick ($17), these are a fraction of the cost. With a fruity smell, the colors really are vibrant and stand out when worn alone, and are great for layering as well.
- Neutrogena Lip Color Stick in Bright Berry, $7.99 at Target. I am obsessed with Neutorgena makeup. Seriously. This has become my go-to as just like its NYC counterpart, the stick provides a perfect pop of color. Also, it’s my new perfect goes-with-anything-day-or-night-shade. We all need one of those in our lives right?
- Not Your Mother’s She’s a Tease Volumizing Hairspray, $4.74 at Wal-Mart. Ok, so where the fluff did this stuff come from? Holy cow, I’m obsessed! I tease my roots a bit and work in some She’s a Tease (just to the roots) and the volume is instantaneous. And, it stays put. I’m anxious to see how it holds up in the summer humidity…it displays an anti-humidity claim…hopefully that’s true!
- Elf Studio Lotion Wipes in Vanilla & Coconut, $3 at Wal-Mart. I mainly got these for the scent: Vanilla AND Coconut? Heck yeah! I do get notes of both of those, but actually, I think it smells more like buttered popcorn. LOL, I swear…and as weird as it sounds, I still really like it! These babies are perfect for travel or a quick non-greasy way to help fight midday dryness. The wipes are infused with all kinds of good-for-your-skin ingredients, including aloe, cocoa butter, vitamin E, soy, ginkgo biloba, coconut milk and sweet almond oil.
- Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Pens in Magenta and Light Grey, $5.99 at Wal-Greens. I was really surprised there were so many bad reviews when I just looked at the pens on the Wal-Greens site. I love them! Lots of people were saying the color didn’t stay on. I actually haven’t had any problems with it…maybe they didn’t use a topcoat.
- SinSinfulColors Nail Polish in Soul Mate and 24/7, $1.99 at Wal-Greens. These are a dream for those of us with a sweet tooth – it’s like bubblegum and cotton candy confections for your nails. Both shades are so springy!
- Mainstays Fresh Cotton Candle, $3.50 at Wal-Mart. I love how fragrant this candle is…and it really does smell like clean clothes. Love!
Are all of you ready for the weekend? Hard to believe we’re almost there already…yay!