Summer’s hottest drink ingredient is no doubt jalapeño! Here is a margarita mash-up, jalapeño included of course, from Patrick Clifton (@PJClifton), Head Shwinker at Shwinkers, the social network for drinkers.
4 ounces jalapeño-infused tequila (*recipe below)
1 ounces fresh-squeezed juice (blood orange, cuties, any in season)
1 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
2 ounces Triple Sec (Cointreau, Grand Marnier)
CRAFTING THE SHWINK-ARITA:
1. Salt the rim of a margarita glass
… although a hi-ball Glass goes nicely too.
2. Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
3. Shake, shake, shake.
4. Strain into said glass.
5. Garnish with a jalapeno-stuffed green olive … or just the jalapeño
slices from your infusion concoction.
To make jalapeño infused tequila:
1. Allow 1 sliced fresh jalapeño pepper, seeds and all, to steep in 1
cup of tequila for 2 hours.
2. Give it a taste to test its strength.
3. Let them soak longer (we've gone the afternoon) or take them out.
4. Strain liquid.
5. Save slices for garnish or trash them.