While Katy Perry’s Gucci gown she donned to the 2013 Grammy Awards drew mixed reviews, most everyone agreed her hair was fabulous! So how’d she get that ‘do? The voluminous hairstyle was created by Renato Campora using products from KMS® California hair care.
Renato was inspired by a 50’s pin-up glam girl, with shiny, voluminous hair. Follow the below steps to score the look for yourself!
- First apply KMS California ADDVOLUME® styling foam to wet hair.
- Blow it out, as Renato did with Perry’s, using a large round brush to create volume.
- Next, Renato parted Perry’s hair down the middle and applied KMS California FREESHAPE® hot flex spray to ensure the style would last all night.
- He then used a 1 ½ inch curling iron to smooth the hair and create texture.
- To seal the look, Renato added a drop of KMS California SILKSHEEN® polishing serum.
- Renato really brought the pin-up girl to life with Katy’s gorgeous, shiny hair, spraying it with KMS California HAIRPLAY® dry touch-up for instant, weightless surface conditioning.
KMS® California hair care is available at salons nationwide!