A five-minute-face is essential in summer isn’t it? There is too much to do to be bothered with full-on makeup, especially in the heat. Besides, we’re finally starting to get some color again, so especially during the day, it isn’t necessary to use as much makeup and still achieve perfect results. Below are my favorites for achieving a quick summer glow in as little amount of time as possible.
1. I prep my skin with moisturizer and then slather SkinFare Topical Nourishment ($9.99) under my eyes. I use this organic, coconut oil based stick day and night to ward off wrinkles but you can also use it to help heal scrapes and bruises among other things.
2. On really warm and/or humid days, I skip primer and foundation opting instead for Advanced Mineral Pressed Powder in Eva ($38.50). It stays on all day, is transfer proof and water resistant. Plus, it’s full of all sorts of healthy things like Vitamin A and E natural antioxidants, while being free from talc, starch and other unhealthy ingredients.
3. In the winter I use New York Color’s Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in All Over Bronze Glow ($4.99) to give my pastey skin some color. In the summer, it’s the perfect amount of of color for contouring my cheeks.
4. Mineral Eye Shadow Trio in Tuscany from Raw Natural Beauty ($35) are sheer, shimmering colors that are just right for the season.
5. Maybelline’s The Rocket™ Volum’ Express® (under $8) is fab. Lots of volume with no clumping always gets my vote!
6. I’m smitten with Wei East’s Lip Sensation Daily Wear ($12). With 12-hour staying power, reacts with individual skin chemistry it creates your own custom color. On me, it’s the perfect sweet shade of pink (shown). I apply to dry lips and finish with a gloss…
7. I actually use Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Balm in a super cute tin. Apparently they’ve stopped making it, but this Sunset Kiss in Orange Rush ($9) looks fairly similar.