If one thing is certain in the Summer of 2013, it’s that skin is in, this time around being done with a classic twist. Gone are the days of midriff tops barely covering your chest, paired with jeans cut as low as possible. Instead of Samantha Jones, this trend is more of a lovechild between Carrie Bradshaw and Charlotte York. Look for pieces that when combined, use just an inch or so of your own upper waistline skin, to create a chic colorblocked look. Be careful with one-piece looks as the cutouts won’t always fall exactly where you want them to. A cute cutout dress will look far different on me, 5’3” with a J.Lo booty, than it will on Gisele, her long legs propelling her into the clouds at 5’11”. Separates allow you to manipulate the look a bit, assuring a proper fit.
Check out the below cropped top with high waist options. Adorz!
Look 1: A perfectly sweet feminine ensemble perfect for date night.
- Topshop Lace Crop Top, $52, Nordstrom
- High Low Maxi Skirt, $35, Oasis
- Sergio Rossi Strass T-Strap Sandals, $995, Shopbop
- Nugaard Designs Mother of Pearl Wrapped Spheres, $35, 24-7 Style
Look 2: Headed out with the girls? This will do just fine!
- Topshop Mesh Yoke Crop Top, $40, Nordstrom
- Kate Young for Target® Satin Shorts, $29.99, Target
- Vince Celeste d’Orsay Suede Pumps, $350, Shopbop
- Calico Juno Mod Glam Earrings, $40, 24-7 Style
Look 3: A sportier look that’s far from casual.