It was only about two years ago I realized how incredibly easy fresh Pico was to make. It’s perfect with chips,a slice cheddar on a freshly grilled burger or garnishing the top of a Southwestern omelet. Plus, the taste is so good, you’re certain to impress your friends and family!
Summer Fresh Pico de Gallo
- 1 Tomato (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 Jalepeno Pepper (seeded and finally chopped)
- ¼ Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1-2 TBL finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Clove Garlic(finely chopped)
- Juice from ½ lime
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients, cover, chill for 30 minute to an hour. I typically make a double batch and use it with several things for the next day or two.