Happy Sunday dolls! I was recently introduced to Beauty Box 5, a subscription-based beauty program that sends five beauty products to subscribers each month, introducing women to products and brands that will likely become new favorites.There have been a slew of subscriber type beauty companies, each sending a new box of goodies every month or quarter, so how exactly does Beauty Box 5 work?
Each month their subscribers receive a cute little blue box filled with five products, including both full-sized and deluxe sample sizes. The prices for their monthly boxes are heavenly. Starting at just $12 (currently includes a $5 Soap gift card) per month, there are also tiered levels of pricing. Subscribe for the entire quarter for $30 ($10 per box and currently a $10 Soap gift card) or subscribe for the year for just $99 (just $8.25 per box plus currently a $15 Soap gift card). Each includes free shipping.
Now that you know a little bit about Beauty Box 5 and how it works, here is what was found in November’s box of goodies, properly entitled, “Prep. Primp. Sparkle.” In other words, Beauty Box 5 is helping us get ready for the endless parties and get-togethers that will undoubtedly be taking place this season.
- Aveeno Positively Nourishing Calming Body Wash (Deluxe Sample): I was especially excited about this because when the temperatures start to drop, my skin starts to get dry and itchy. And even though I know not to take hot showers and bubble baths, blah blah blah, I do anyways, because, well….it’s cold! My skin suffers and remains relentlessly itchy. No joke, after one use of this Aveeno product, my itchiness was gone. I used nothing else different – same soap, same lotion, etc. With lavender, chamomile and ylang-ylang, it smells fantastic too, but I’m still more excited for the soothing quality its ingredients offer. Full size retails for $6.99, a sample like this will likely cost around $1-$2.
- Montagne Jeunesse Glacial Cooling Face Mask (One full-size cloth mask): This cloth is infused with anti-oxidant rich red grape and Artic Cloudberry juices which cleanse pores and help skin maintain natural barriers. I did feel just a bit like Jason Voorhees when wearing, as the cloth has two eyeholes, a hole to breathe through and a hole for the mouth. Regardless of my appearance when wearing, the scent is incredible – very fresh and light. I don’t know how to tell if my pores were any more clean than before using, but, despite sitting in a hot bath while using (I wasn’t lying in the above Aveeno review), the skin on my face was left remarkably cool and super soft. Retails for $2.49 for one cloth.
- Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant & Deodorant (Full Size): Yay!!! I’ve wanted to try this for awhile but admit the price has deterred me. Although I’ve been using my sample, I haven’t been in any extraordinarily stressful situations or even really worked out that hard to notice a difference, but it has kept me dry and smelling good. Retails for $7.99.
- Body Drench Lip Drench (Full Size): This felt a little different going on as it is made of a Beeswax Complex and intended to provide moisture for up to eight hours. Using Rosemary Extract to protect lips from free radicals and vitamin E to nourish while the beeswax conditions and seals in hydration, the formula goes on smooth and the Raspberry flavor from the sample I received smells perfect as well. I don’t know about the “8 hours of moisture” claim, as it didn’t last though meals, and I don’t know the last time I got a full eight hours of sleep, but, I do think this is a nice balm and I love the natural ingredients. Retails for $4.99.
- Bellapierre Cosmetics Shimmer Powder (Full Size): I wasn’t overly excited to see this, as I thought it would be, “just another shadow.” Wrong! The 100% mica (mineral) shadow, goes on more smooth than any I’ve ever used and offers buildable long-lasting color and coverage. Not only that, any of Bellapierre Shimmer powder shades can be used as cream shadows, eyeliners, blushes or highlighters and even on the lips and nails. I received the “Tin Man” color, a deep silver hue perfect for the season. Retails for $14.99.
- Also included are special offers and coupon codes for Bellapierre and Travalo, which easily allows you to take any fragrance where ever you go, whether to the gym, office or while traveling.
I was super impressed with the November Beauty Box 5, and would absolutely recommend it to friends and family. I was happily introduced to products that I was already curious about, or would be had I known they existed.
Total value of the five products included in this $12 (or under) November Beauty Box 5 comes to between $31 and $32, more than 62% savings ( or close to 75% for ladies opting for the year-subscription). A subscription will also make the perfect gift this holiday season. Enjoy!
**As a Beauty Contributor for Beauty Box 5, I received a complimentary November box, however, the content reviews are based solely on my personal opinions.