I’m not really a fan of nail pens, as even with their precision, I still find it hard to write or draw…especially when I’m trying to make symmetrical anything on both hands. I need something a bit more foolproof. Like painters tape. I can easily create perfectly geometric designs using a few strips of tape and my favorite colors of the moment (in this case, black and gold).
1. Paint nails with the base color, in this case black. Wait until the polish dries completely.
2. Apply painters tape creating the spaces you want to paint in a different color. I choose to use painters tape because it was invented, after all, to not remove paint when applied to it…I think the other tape options would take off my fresh paint.
3. Paint one to two coats on your empty spaces – and you can even get a little sloppy!
4. Once again, wait until completely dry and slowly peel off the tape.
5. I always seal with a top coat.
Voila! In case you missed it, here are some other DIY nail art designs.