Fall. Autumn. Whatever. I’m honestly not that much of a “fall” person. We’re barely out of summer (I L-O-V-E LOVE summer BTW), and then bam! Here come cold temps and crazy wind and dead everything – trees, grass, flowers, etc. That’s not how fall is supposed to be. It’s SUPPOSED to be a gradual reduction in temps until winter. Here in the Midwest, it’s literally one day summer, the next day winter (it actually snowed a little yesterday – SNOW!?!). So if fall was what it propositioned itself to be – you know, 70 degrees with beautiful colorful leaves (the leaves seem to change in about a day and a half and then are promptly blown down), I maybe would feel differently about the season. Plus, fall reminds me of what’s to come. If I think it’s cold now…well…you know.
That said, I do hate being negative, so I decided to challenge myself a little, by listing the below amazing things I love and appreciate about the season. Somehow everything on this list really is better in autumn:
- Sweaters. Kinda a no-brainer.
- Boots. See above! Aren’t the Matisse options above perfection?
- Comfortable Chic Fashion. Combining the above two with a pair of skinny jeans or leggings is just so darn comfy!
- Apples. Apples are good year round, but in the fall…there’s the cider, pie, caramel dip…good things!
- Pumpkins. Pumpkin anything – pie, lattes, cupcakes…we can make them year round, but they’re so good in the fall!
- Coffee. Ok, truth be told, I love coffee year round. BUT, in the fall, it’s somehow more of a comfort food (drink).
- Soup. I forget how great soup is until this season rolls around.
- Down Time. Although I love summer, it always seems I’m going from one thing to the next. I love the occasional day or night, where I literally just do nothing.
- Mums. Sadly, my flowers are dead and my only tree is already bare. I love the colors mums bring right now.
- Butterflies. I adore seeing them flutter about.
- Rich Nail Colors. In summer I do brights and pastels, but I love the deep tones on my fall manis.
- Blankets. I might use them year-round, but I regain appreciation for them now.
- Basketball. Yay, I’m always happy when basketball returns!
- Thanksgiving. Anytime I get to see my family is a blessing (wearing comfy chic clothing, eating pumpkin pie and having a cup of coffee make this day unbelievable)!
- Candles. I rarely burn candles in warm weather months, but light them nearly every day in fall.
- Fall TV. I get so excited for all of the new shows…like the return of Derek Morgan…I mean Criminal Minds!
- Flannel Sheets. I could have put this and blankets under “bedding,” but I’m struggling to get to 20, and I do love flannel sheets! The giraffe-print options at right are from Kohl’s…so cute!
- Candy Corn and Honey Roasted Peanuts Mixed Together. OMG, delish.
- Burning Leaves. I don’t get to smell them a lot where I live, but when I do, it’s heavenly!
- Spring. That’s right…every fall day means we’re one day closer to spring!
What are some of your favorite things about fall?