Happy Mondy loves! Today’s style post is all about “thrifting.” Initially, I hated thrift shopping. Whenever I entered a local thrift store, it kinda felt like I was attending an oversized garage sale, and most of the items I saw were not on my list of needs or wants. BUT, it didn’t take too long before I caught on and gravitated toward my LOVE of vintage classics (like the blazer below). I’ve found so many cute pieces – vintage leather bags and clutches, Michael Kors wedges, a Dior jacket (yes, Dior!), all for next to nothing. Aside from showing a casual winter/spring look below, I’ve got the following tips for when you’re ready to set out on a thrifting adventure:
- Take Your Time. You might have to go through rack after rack, piece by piece to find your treasure.
- Take Cash. A lot of thrift stores only take cash, so have a stash on hand, or do your research ahead of time.
- Go With an Open Mind. If you’re searching for a cute vintage red clutch, you probably aren’t going to find it. BUT, you might find a chic faux (or real) fur coat. Or vintage DVF dress.
- Size Doesn’t Matter: The way garments are sized have changed drastically over the years so take the time to visit size racks you typically don’t visit.
- If At First You Don’t Succeed…: Sometimes, you might not find anything you’re interested in. BUT, a week later, you might find a treasurer trove.
Get the Look:
Vintage Wool Blazer, Similar │ Tee, Similar Here and Here│ Jeans, Target │ Boots,Payless │ Bag, Amy Kathryn (different color) │ Vintage Chain Bracelet, Similar Here, Here or Here │ Wrap Bracelet,c/o Williamy │ Horseshoe Necklace, c/o Isabella Grace
Is “Thrift Shop” running through your head now? Because it’s all I’ve been singing for the past hour:)